These are some questions often asked by phone or email (listed in no particular order of importance):
- Can my child attend SDSI alone? Students can attend classes by themselves when they are 8 years old or older. Be advised that the students change classes "college style," meaning they move from room to room. So while there will be adults supervising the hallway, it might be a good idea to walk your child through their first day and/or find a buddy.
- Are younger siblings not attending the institute welcome? They are more than welcome to watch! SDSI is a very relaxed, open environment. Parents are more than welcome to have their little one either watching class or out in the hallways. There are plenty of places to socialize so long as the little ones are attended.
- Can I switch off chaperone duties with another parent for students under the age of 8? Yes you can! Just be sure to indicate who the other person is on your online application or inform one of our staff members in person.
- What is the food situation like during lunch hour? PLNU does not have a lot of quick food options right outside campus. We recommend either bringing your own lunch or eating at the cafeteria.
- Is there WiFi on campus? There is guest WiFi that is free.
- What's the minimum playing level for a student attending SDSI? A student should be able to comfortably play through all of the Twinkles.
- We don't live in San Diego and my son/daughter plays the cello/bass. Would it be possible to rent an instrument for the week? Yes it is! We have a reasonable rent option worked out with Bertrand's Music here in San Diego. Please send us an email if this is something you would like to arrange.
- I am very interested in attending teacher training/student program but I can't pay for the entire fee up front. Are payment plans an option? Yes. Please send us an email.