To register for a teacher training course:
- Add all course fees to your shopping cart and pay.
- Click the registration button to send us your contact information. You will receive an email confirmation when you have been registered.
PLEASE NOTE: All prices reflect the class registration cost only. They do no include lodging and transportation.
Every Child Can!
Every Child Can! is an introductory course on the Suzuki philosophy and its application to education. For parents, teachers, prospective teachers and others, this course provides an inspiring, in-depth look at the Suzuki approach to teaching and learning. For teachers, ECC serves as the first course in the Suzuki Association of the Americas Teacher Development Program. To learn more, read about the ECC course and its guidelines.
No prerequisite classes are required.
Teaching Alternative Styles--From Improvisation to Rock and Roll--to Suzuki Students
Mix up your lessons by learning how to teach your students alternative styles. This enrichment class is 10 hours total. No observation hours are required.
This class is 2.5 hours a day and the schedule is such that it MAY be taken at the same time as the "Supplemental Viola Repertoire" class.
- Unit 1
Suzuki Early Childhood Education - Stage 1
The Suzuki Early Childhood Education: Prenatal Through Baby/Toddler Years courses include the prenatal and postnatal learning environment, the baby class curriculum and goals, music and equipment used in classes, prenatal class curriculum and parent education.This is a 30 hour course held over five days.
- Successful completion of Every Child Can! This introduction to Suzuki Education is a 6 hour course and is a prerequisite for Suzuki Early Childhood Education training.
- Two years of Suzuki training on an instrument or college training in Early Childhood Education, with a minimum of two years teaching experience.
- All training participants are required to be SAA Active (teacher) members by the first day of the course.
Violin and Viola
Supplemental Viola Repertoire for Intermediate Level Students
Will cover supplemental material targeted at the beginning to late intermediate level viola students. This enrichment course is 10 hours total. No observation hours are required.
Both violin and viola teachers are invited to attend. This class is 2.5 hours a day and the schedule is such that it MAY be taken at the same time as the "Teaching alternative styles" class.
- Unit 1
Violin Unit 1
28 hours of instruction and 15 hours of observation. 100% participation is required in order to register the class.
- All participants must adhere to the Teacher Audition Guide. This means that Every Child Can and video audition must be completed before attending the course.
Due to commitments to faculty and travel plans, applicants who withdraw June 16-30 receive a 50% refund of fees (less the $100 non-refundable cancellation fee per participant). Withdrawal July 1 and after forfeit all fees.
If enrollment is full or a teacher-training course is canceled, all registration and course fees will be refunded.