2019 Course Offerings:
- Every Child Can (ECC) with Alice Ann O'Neill
- Violin Unit 1 with Cathy Lee
- Cello Unit 2 with Alice Ann O’Neill
- Supplemental Viola repertoire for Intermediate Students with Elizabeth (Betsy) Stuen-Walker
- Teaching Alternative Styles—from improvisation to rock n’ roll—to Suzuki students with Avi Friedlander
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education, Stage 1 with Danette Schuch
To register for a teacher training course:
- Add all course fees to your shopping cart and pay.
- Click the registration button to send us your contact information. You will receive an email confirmation when you have been registered.
PLEASE NOTE: All prices reflect the class registration cost only. They do not include lodging and transportation.
If you are not interested in training but would like to come and observe the classes, the fee is $25 a day or $100 for all five days. Please email us ahead of time if you are interested in observing so we can create a badge for you. For security reasons, anyone without a visible badge may be asked to leave.
Every Child Can!
Taught by Alice Ann O'Neill
Every Child Can! is an introductory course on the Suzuki philosophy and its application to education. For parents, teachers, prospective teachers and others, this course provides an inspiring, in-depth look at the Suzuki approach to teaching and learning. For teachers, ECC serves as the first course in the Suzuki Association of the Americas Teacher Development Program. To learn more, read about the ECC course and its guidelines.
No prerequisite classes are required.
Suzuki Early Childhood Education - Stage 1
Taught by Danette Schuh
The Suzuki Early Childhood Education: Prenatal Through Baby/Toddler Years courses include the prenatal and postnatal learning environment, the baby class curriculum and goals, music and equipment used in classes, prenatal class curriculum and parent education.This is a 30 hour course held over five days.
- Successful completion of Every Child Can! This introduction to Suzuki Education is a 6 hour course and is a prerequisite for Suzuki Early Childhood Education training.
- Two years of Suzuki training on an instrument or college training in Early Childhood Education, with a minimum of two years teaching experience.
- All training participants are required to be SAA Active (teacher) members by the first day of the course.
Violin and Viola
Violin Unit 1
Taught by Cathy Lee
28 hours of instruction and 15 hours of observation. 100% participation is required in order to register the class.
- All participants must adhere to the Teacher Audition Guide. This means that Every Child Can and video audition must be completed before attending the course.
Due to commitments to faculty and travel plans, applicants who withdraw June 16-30 receive a 50% refund of fees (less the $100 non-refundable cancellation fee per participant). Withdrawal July 1 and after forfeit all fees.
If enrollment is full or a teacher-training course is canceled, all registration and course fees will be refunded.