The San Diego Suzuki Institute is open to all students under the age of 18. However, this program is registered the Suzuki Association of the Americas and, as such, will have expectations in line with the Suzuki Method of teaching.
- Students are NOT required to be studying with a registered Suzuki teacher.
- Students ARE expected to have familiarity with the Suzuki repertoire.
- Students are placed in classes according to current polished Suzuki piece.
- All pieces before current polished piece are expected to be memorized and ready to review.
Expect to play the following pieces on our opening day play-in. Students are only expected to play review pieces (ex: a book 3 violin does not need to know book 4 repertoire).
- Violins - Books 1 through 4, all pieces
- Violas - Book 1 through 3, all pieces
- Cellos - Books 1 through 3, all pieces
- Pianos - Books 1 through 2, all pieces